The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club.
Full time: 40 hours per week. Mon-Thurs 2p-10p, Saturdays 9a-5p. (Asst Mgr can also earn up to a $200 bonus per month)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Member service oversight - Ensuring staff is providing a superior customer experience at all times.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
- Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Experience working as a Member Service Representative at Planet Fitness.
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 year of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
All staff will also receive a free Black Card membership after 90 days of employment
As a Core Development and Management employee you are eligible for benefits if you are regularly scheduled and work at least 30 hours per week. Benefits are effective on the first of the month following the date of hire. Benefit offerings include Medical options, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k with company contribution, paid vacation time plus additional ancillary benefits like access to Pet Insurance and Aflac. In addition, we are growing and opportunities for advancement are often available. We take pride in promoting from within!